home *** CD-ROM | disk | FTP | other *** search
/ Cream of the Crop 26 / Cream of the Crop 26.iso / bbs / rokv203a.zip / ROK.ZIP / Q_AND_A.DOC < prev    next >
Text File  |  1997-06-14  |  4KB  |  84 lines

2.     ROK: F.A.Q...
  3.    -=*=--=*=--=*=-
  5.    Here are some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that will hopefully
  6.    solve some problems that you may be experiencing with Realm of Kisom.
  8.    Question: "When a user tries to access ROK on my BBS, it doesn't do
  9.              anything, and simply returns them to the BBS!"
  11.    Answer  : This is most likely caused by your ROK Batch file not executing
  12.              ROK properly.
  14.              {*} NOTE - ROK *might* not be getting enough Memory!  Here's a
  15.                         way to check if this is the problem: If, in the ROK
  16.                         batch file, you have "@ECHO OFF", delete that, then
  17.                         run ROK again. It should know show you what's going
  18.                         on when it tries to execute ROK from your BBS.  See
  19.                         where it executes the command line - and if it says
  20.                         something like: "Not enough memory to run program",
  21.                         then that's the problem!  :-)  If you are unsure of
  22.                         just how much Memory your BBS takes up, run MEM.EXE
  23.                         in the batch file and see.   Then, consult your BBS
  24.                         Documentation for info on reducing memory usage. It
  25.                         should then work for you.   ROK automatically loads
  26.                         most of it's files into EMS, if it's available.
  28.    Question: "ROK has the OnNow flag ON for a user who isn't even in the
  29.              game!  Another user enters, challenges that person, and ROK
  30.              screws up there!  Help!"
  32.    Answer  : This error is caused by an Abnormal Exit from the game.  Either
  33.              ROK had an error, a lock-up, power failure, etc.  This does not
  34.              happen when a user drops carrier, though, ROK is smart that way.
  36.              For single-line systems, run NOW_OFF.EXE before ROK is ran.  That
  37.              will make all players NOT online.
  39.    Question: "I cannot figure out how to pass the correct Node Number to the
  40.              batch file ROK command line!  Help!"
  42.    Answer  : Each BBS Software is different.  Almost all of them use a symbol
  43.              to represent a Node Number.    You will have to consult your BBS
  44.              Software Documentation to see how to do it.  Sorry I can't be of
  45.              any more assistance in this area.
  47.    Question: "My registration code doesn't work!  Help me out, please!"
  49.    Answer  : Extensive testing has been done to ensure that your registration
  50.              code *should* work.  However, if it does not, DON'T PANIC! :-)
  52.              Simply contact the me, and I'd be more than happy to help you out
  53.              with this problem.
  55.    Question: "I don't know how to change my US funds into Canadian Funds!"
  57.    Answer  : Don't bother!  I accept BOTH Canadian AND US Funds in registration
  58.              forms!  In fact, we at BFS PREFER US funds!
  60.    Question: "I want to run Maintenance today - again!"
  62.    Answer  : Simply run ROKMAINT.EXE, and that's all there is to it.
  64.    Question: "I have a bug report that isn't addressed anywhere in your ROK
  65.              documentation!"
  67.    Answer  : Fabulous!  Fill out BFS_BUGS.FRM.  Send this to me.  Please be
  68.              as clear as possible when explaining the report!  Also, please
  69.              print, if you can, or write neatly! :)
  71.    I hope I have covered most of the topics here.  If your question is not
  72.    addressed, then feel free to contact me.
  74.    Alternatively, you may call my BBS - The Inner City BBS, at 1-306-694-5864.
  76.       BFS now has it's OWN echo completely devoted to discussion, promotion,
  77.       and general information of ROK, Avalon, and Blazing Fire Software!  If
  78.       you would like to connect to this echo, the tagname is "ROK".  Connect
  79.       today, we'd love to have YOU in the echo!  This is the primary place
  80.       for FidoNet Echomail support of ROK/Avalon from us.
  82.    ** Hope that helps! **
  83.                                                               -The BFS Guys-